Catholic Women's League
Welcome to the homepage of the Resurrection Parish CWL. The Catholic Women's League of Canada, or CWL, is a national Catholic women’s organization. Here at Resurrection Parish, the CWL is actively involved both within the parish and out in the community.
CWL meets the first Tuesday of every month, September to June.
All women of Resurrection Parish are invited to share their time and talents, by joining our CWL! Our members enjoy fellowship at our monthly meetings, connecting with other Catholic women and taking part in our spiritual programs. Others like to do service in the greater community through CWL, volunteering to help with birthday parties and resident activities at our long-term care facilities. Our Bake Sales are a popular parish event that is coordinated by the CWL. There is something for everybody in the CWL – take the opportunity and come find out what CWL has to offer you.
If you are interested in joining us, please contact our CWL President, Rosella McGrane by telephone at 306-789-6314. For more information about the CWL, who we are, and what we do, please visit our national homepage at www.cwl.ca
The Resurrection Parish CWL was founded in December 2006, with members signing the organization’s charter in Regina, SK.
“The Catholic Women's League of Canada is a national organization rooted in gospel values calling its members to holiness through service to the people of God” (CWL, 2012, Our Mission, ¶1). The Resurrection Parish CWL offers the women of our parish an opportunity to connect with others and make a difference, both within our parish and out in the greater community.
The CWL Executive as of January 2019:
- Rosella McGrane (President)
- Charmaine Frey (President Elect)
- Anna Mae Stainbrook (Past-President)
- Agnes Burant (Secretary)
- Joan Zylak (Treasurer)
- Victoria Billet (Communications)
- Anna Mae Stainbrook (Membership)
- Tera Lowrie (Correspondence)
- Pat Pantel (Spiritual)
- Father Rick Krofchek (Spiritual Advisor)
The Resurrection Parish CWL meets on the first Tuesday of every month, at 7:30 p.m., at Resurrection Parish. All women of the parish are invited to join us for these evenings of fun, fellowship and service. In addition to conducting CWL business, our meetings regularly feature spiritual programs and guest speakers. Additionally, our CWL Executive meets on the fourth Thursday of every month, at 7:00 p.m., at Resurrection Parish.
While meetings are important, they are only a small part of what the CWL does at Resurrection Parish. Our CWL is very active, both within the church and out in the community. CWL members volunteer their time and talents in many ways.
- Members take part in spiritual programs at our monthly meetings
- Members enjoy fellowship at our annual Advent Gala and year-end celebration
- Many members attend Regional and National CWL conventions, meeting and networking with members from other councils
- CWL members serve in the Liturgical Ministries at Mass
- CWL members help prepare and serve refreshments at various parish events
- A CWL representative sits on Pastoral Council
- The CWL sponsors Mondays for Moms, a chance for young mothers to gather with their children for social interaction
- Members volunteer for various events, including a bingo and birthday party, for residents at the Santa Maria Senior Citizens Home
- Members help host a birthday party for residents at Wascana Rehabilitation Centre
- CWL members volunteer at Marian Centre
- CWL members participate in World Day of Prayer services across the city